No matter what your gender is, if you want a long and healthy life, you should make maintaining a good level of fitness a priority in your life. To that end, a fitness tracker is an excellent tactic to keep yourself on target. For a woman, however, there are a few genetic differences that make tracking a bit more specific. Because women are more likely to have certain health risks, there are certain types of trackers that will monitor the potential problem areas for which they are at an increased risk.
We reviewed dozens of fitness trackers for women to identify the best of the best. We’ve looked at the fitness trackers that will help a woman reach her exercise goals as well as the trackers that will remind her to keep active. We’ve also found the monitors that will help her analyze her sleep quality and her heart rates; because fitness is more than just reaching a goal weight. No matter what priorities you have for your overall fitness, you’ll be able to find a tracker on our list to meet your needs.
If you’re hoping to get your life on a more healthy track, then along with fitness trackers, you may want to consider the end result of losing weight. How To Prevent Loose Skin When Losing Weight: 10 Tips On Tightening Skin will help you prepare for a potential downside your body may face after losing weight. And, due to an increased risk women face of heart disease, your heart may also be a concern you have; so you’ll want to check out 10 Powerful Ways On How To Strengthen A Weak Heart.
A brief mention of our top pick, note that it stood out as a clear winner, and mention a few standout features or benefits.
The 5 Top-Rated Fitness Trackers for Women
|Best Fitness Tracker for Women Overall||Letsfit Smart Watch||4.3|
|Best Heart Rate Fitness Tracker for Women||Fitbit Inspire HR Heart Rate & Fitness Tracker||4.0|
|Best Budget Fitness Tracker for Women||Toobur Activity Tracker||4.0|
|Best Pedometer Watch for Women||LETSCOM Smart Watch Fitness Tracker||4.6|
|Best Women’s Fitness Tracker for Sleep||Wellue O2Ring Oxygen Tracker||4.3|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Best Overall Fitness Tracker for Women: Letsfit Smart Watch
The Letsfit Smart Watch has a large screen; at 1.3″ there’s every reason to believe you’ll easily be able to read the details without even pausing your workout. It will track your steps and send reminders to keep you moving and monitor your heart rate and sleep, as well as control your phone via Bluetooth. So if you want to make sure you’re still getting your texts and calls while you’re away from your phone (like when you’re on the treadmill), this watch will make sure you get those important notifications.
What we love most about this watch is the Female Health Tracking that comes along with it. It has built-in apps to remind you of your menstrual timetables and when you’re ovulating. That’s a big help for when you’re trying to conceive – or when you’re not. It’s a helpful reminder that will let you plan ahead for your common moods associated with the change in hormones, too. So you maybe don’t plan for a big meeting when you’re going to be most sensitive to stress.
You can play the odds on this watch, but it’s really not much of a risk. Nearly 1,000 customer reviews on this fitness tracker with an overall rating of 4.2 stars on Amazon led us to believe that, should you make this purchase, you’re statistically likely to be satisfied with it.
Letsfit Smart Watch Key Features:
- 210 mAh battery for 10+ day battery life
- 2 color options
- 2-3 hr to a full charge
Best Heart Rate Fitness Tracker for Women: Fitbit Inspire HR Heart Rate & Fitness Tracker
The Fitbit Inspire HR Heart Rate & Fitness Tracker may be the most common brand name for any fitness tracker on the market, and with good reason. FitBit has been tracking your personal activity via a wearable piece of tech for well over a decade and in a market that’s so new, that’s a big deal. It means they’ve tried and tested their proprietary algorithms in their trackers to make sure they have the best product possible. While some company’s luck into a solid tech product from the get-go, the more common test of quality is time – and no one has that quite as solidly as FitBit.
What the experience means for you in your tracker is that it’s going to have a tested, tried, and true heart rate monitor that will be as close to accurate as any other on the market. It won’t just track your heart rate when you ask it to, it will monitor your heart rate 24/7 so you can trust it to have a consistent record and when you go back to check out your data, you’ll be able to determine any trends with your heart you may need to watch out for, as well.
With right around 4,500 customer reviews and an overall rating on Amazon of 4.0 stars, there’s more than a good chance this heart rate and fitness tracker will fit the bill for your needs. And while the tracker can’t guarantee your heart health, it’s still a comfort to know that you’re getting a quality product that will help you keep tabs on it.
Fitbit Inspire HR Heart Rate & Fitness Tracker Key Features:
- Bluetooth 4.0 enabled
- 5 day battery life
- 3 color choices
Best Budget Fitness Tracker for Women: Toobur Activity Tracker
The Toobur Activity Tracker has a little something for everyone but is particularly appealing due to its simplicity. It connects with your phone via Bluetooth and while you can’t answer your calls, you will be notified for each call or message you recieve and that will at the very least allow you to filter through the spam. There’s nothing more frustrating while you’re working out than stopping in the middle of a good stride for something unimportant and this tracker can make sure that doesn’t happen to you.
It’s slim and stylish, and that means you won’t have to worry about whether or not it matches your ensemble – and that’s especially beneficial since you’re going to want to keep this on all the time to keep accurate and constant record of your fitness data. It even has a silent, vibrating alarm to wake you without disturbing anyone else who happens to be in the room with you.
Over 500 customer reviews have awarded this tracker an overall rating of 4.0 stars on Amazon, but the real noteworthy fact that will tempt you to purchase will be the price. You can pick up this jack of all trades fitness tracker for under $20! – A real steal!
Toobur Activity Tracker Key Features:
- Tracks your sleep, steps, calories burned, and distance traveled
- 4 band options available
- IP67 waterproof
Best Pedometer Watch for Women: LETSCOM Smart Watch Fitness Tracker
With the LETSCOM Smart Watch Fitness Tracker, you can stop worrying about whether or not you’re not active enough, because it will absolutely be able to tell you without a doubt. By glancing down at the pedometer, you’ll be able to determine how your day is shaping up and if you need to adjust your habits to better achieve your lifestyle and fitness goals. You’ll be able to track your data for the entire week directly on your wrist, so you won’t need to consult your computer or phone’s app to see how you’re progressing and if you’re on track to meet your goals.
In addition to a detailed log of your step counting history, this fitness tracker will track your calories burned during your workout, the distance you’ve traveled, your heart rate and sleep quality. You’ll also have four customized display choices, so you’ll be able to see your priorities with just a glance. It can link with your phone via Bluetooth to make sure you’re in the know for any important calls and messages, too.
Around 600 customer reviews have awarded this fitness tracker an overall rating of 4.5 stars on Amazon, making it a probable sound investment. After all, hundreds of satisfied customers can’t all be wrong and 91% of those 600 reviews are positive.
LETSCOM Smart Watch Fitness Tracker Key Features:
- 4 colors available
- 2.5 hr to full charge
- 10 day battery life
Best Women’s Fitness Tracker for Sleep: Wellue O2Ring Oxygen Tracker
You’ll wear the Wellue O2Ring Oxygen Tracker as you lie down each night to go to sleep and it will monitor your heart rate in relation to the oxygen levels in your blood to determine how deeply you’re sleeping and for how long. You’ll have access to an app and website that will receive your uploaded data to allow you to track just what kind of sleep you had with a detailed report each day giving trends of blood oxygen levels and heart rates. While these may not be up to your hospital standards, they’re more than enough to give you a base on any conditions or changes to your body.
You can even adjust the settings to vibrate for the hopefully rare occasions you reach extreme levels of high or low on either. That means if you have troubles with your health while you’re sleeping, the vibration may rouse your body to escape those dangerous levels and balance back out to safety. Again, this is a guarantee, but it’s a precaution that may come in handy if you’re concerned.
Nearly 100 customer reviews on Amazon have given this tracker an overall rating of 4.4 stars, making it at least a product that you should check out if you’re concerned about your sleep trends. You should always mention these purchases to your doctor and especially if you notice anything causing you concern. This is a product to be used in addition to medical assistance, but certainly not in place of it.
Wellue O2Ring Oxygen Tracker Key Features:
- 14 hr battery life
- 2 hr to full charge
- 1-year warranty
Who Should Buy a Fitness Trackers for Women
The biggest motivation for a person to buy a fitness tracker is to get into shape. If you want to get yourself in shape but are struggling, a fitness tracker can give you a bit of a crutch to make it easier. Choosing the right fitness tracker can take all the guess work out of your new lease on life, giving you specific suggestions for everything from workout times to your daily caloric intake. It will likely give you a record of how active you’re being and that alone may motivate you to get moving more frequently. If not, then you can also find trackers that will give you sedentary reminders if you’ve remained still for too long. And while you may have struggled with not making time for your fitness previously, by wearing a constant reminder, you’ll be forced to either ignore it or step up and take control of your health.
In addition to the outwardly noticeable results you will see from getting more in shape, you’ll feel a number of results, too. You’ll likely feel better if you’re getting fit, that’s true, but more than that, a fit body will lead to fitness in all kinds of other areas in your life, as well. That means that you may be able to prevent a number of health problems by monitoring your body closely, too. You will very likely start to see big changes in your body’s performance, and we’re not just talking about your joints and muscles, but your heart, sleep, and even your mental health will improve with your body. The motivation you get from your fitness tracker will help you maintain your healthy habits and that means we’re not overselling to say it may very well improve your life.
Important Features to Consider
A fitness tracker for a woman should do several things well. Here’s what to consider when selecting a fitness trackers for a woman:
- Heart Disease. There are no two ways about it: women are at an increased risk for heart disease. And while a heart rate monitor may not be able to predict any heart complications, it will help you monitor your heart’s consistency. That is, if you find your resting heart rate spikes, or changes dramatically without cause, that’s definitely something you’ll want to bring up to your doctor. If you know you have heart diseases or complications, then you will want to monitor it closely and wearing a heart rate monitor daily isn’t a bad idea. In fact, your doctor may explicitly direct you to wear one when you’re working out.
- Exercise Tracking. The most common use for a fitness tracker is, unquestionably, exercise tracking. You can track how long you’re working out, record your heart rate, and the tracker will predict how many calories you’re burning. Depending on your selection, you’ll be able to input your food, your weight, your goals, and it can give you reasonable expectations of timelines and detailed instructions on how to get there. The tracking your exercise feature will tell you exactly where you are each step of the way, allowing you to adjust your plan and life accordingly.
- Sleep monitors. You may not know it, but women are actually more likely to have sleep disorders associated with daytime sleepiness. While you’re fighting just to stay awake, you probably won’t feel especially motivated to workout. Caffeine can keep you upright and alert enough to go about your normal routine each day, but it can only do so much. Because of that, you won’t want to discount the effect your sleep has on your overall health. If you have a monitor on your finger, wrist, or even one under your bed to determine your tossing and turning, you may be able to find the root cause of your overall fatigue. If it’s caused by something you can control, you’ll know to do that (for example, if your caffeine intake is keeping you from resting properly, then you can cut your coffee off earlier in the day). If you don’t know the cause, you can go to your doctor with cold hard facts to give him the most information you can so he can help you.
- Pedometer. The biggest factor in picking a pedometer is accuracy. Pedometers can be particularly prone to inflated numbers so before you get the step counter, you’ll want to make sure the reviews have rating the accuracy highly. Even after purchase, when you begin to use the pedometer, do an accuracy check and count your steps as you take them in order to compare the actual number with the pedometer. You may not find the number to be exact, but as long as it’s only a step or two off, you can be reasonably confident in its accuracy. However, even if you buy a fitness tracker without this as your primary motivation (IE, if you want the heart rate monitor and the pedometer just came with it), you’ll still want to make sure the pedometer is consistent. So even if you don’t get an accurate read of your day’s steps, you should have a consistent one. Even if you don’t know exactly what your step count is, you should be able to tell if you walk twice as much as the day before for the pedometer to be worth a thing.
- Interchangeable bands. Let’s not beat around the bush, it’s pretty common for a woman’s fitness watch to match her outfit. You can opt for a black band that goes with everything, but the ability to find a tracker that has a variety of band possibilities is a big deal if you plan on wearing the tracker all day, every day. (And if you want an accurate monitor of your fitness, then you should.) You can find plenty of fitness trackers that will allow you to switch for the occasion and of those, more than just color changes. You can occasionally find a more “formal” band that will let you wear your fitness tracker even for a black tie affair. After all, you did not bust your butt reaching your fitness goals and wearing your little black dress, only to have the bulky wrist band through the whole appearance off.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a fitness tracker for women and what does it do?
A fitness tracker is a device that will monitor your levels of fitness in one way or another. You can monitor several aspects of your fitness; to name a few: sleep fitness, heart fitness, or your exercise fitness. The latter is, of course, the most commonly tracked, and as such, has taken over for what’s generally thought of when the term “fitness tracker” is used. It will most commonly track your steps, and allow you to input your workouts. It could also alert you if you’ve remained sedentary for too long or connect to an app for suggestions on how to meet your fitness goals. For a woman, however, there are components that matter as much as your work outs, and you won’t want to overlook the benefit of monitoring the increased risks for a female. Fortunately, you can get a tracker that does each of these things, but a word to the wise: jack of all trades makes a master of none. Make sure that if you’re getting a fitness trainer for these bonus features, it has those features well reviewed.
Do fitness trackers track calories burned?
Yes, several models of fitness trackers can track your calories burned. However, we should issue a word of caution. When you input your age, weight, and time spent working out, the math is simple. That means it doesn’t necessarily utilize every detail necessary to have an accurate reading of how many calories you’ve burned. You could spend 30 minutes pushing yourself hard one day and 30 minutes kind of phoning in your workout and your fitness tracker will likely say you’ve burned the same number of calories each day. Even if you can note the intensity of your workout, you will only be able to enter so many details and it can only calculate so accurately. The algorithm each fitness tracker uses to determine the amount of energy you’ve spent during your workout (or how many calories you’ve burned) is proprietary and as such, won’t be unified. So your friend may be working as hard as you for the same amount of time, but they’ll have reports of significantly different energy expenditures and calories burned.
How many calories do you naturally burn in a day?
Your total calories burnt with your normal, everyday routine will naturally depend on your routine and your body. If you have a sedentary job and a long commute in your car, you will expend fewer calories than the person with an active job who walks everywhere she needs to go. However, you can expect that, generally speaking, women will burn between 1,700 and 2,400 calories each day. How active your lifestyle and how healthy your diet will control on which side of that range you’ll land. To determine your Body Metabolic Rate, you’ll take your sex, age, and weight and use the formula 655.1 + (4.35 x weight) + (4.7 x height) – (4.7 x age) = to total your calorie count. For example, a 36-year old woman, weighing 150 pounds, and standing 5’4″ tall will factor her calories burned at 1,777.6 each day. To add onto this a further complication, you’ll want to factor in how active your lifestyle is and multiply a number for each class. Sedentary, multiply your number by 1.2; lightly active by 1.375; moderately active, 4.55; very active by 1.725; extra active by 1.9. You can probably begin to see why it’s so difficult for your fitness tracker to accurately predict your caloric burn.
If you want to make sure you’re doing the math right, you’ll want to check out a Total Daily Energy Expenditure calculator.
How many calories should a woman burn in one day?
How many calories you should burn in one day depends on what your goals are. There are other factors to determine your recommended calorie consumption and burning, and you should ask your doctor if any of those will effect you and your fitness goals. However, there is a general rule for losing, gaining and maintaining your weight. For losing weight, you’ll want to burn roughly 500 to 1,000 extra calories each day. (So most commonly, your food and daily calories burned will be equal and you’ll workout to burn some of that extra.) If you want to maintain your weight, then you’ll be burning the same amount as you eat. If you workout to maintain a healthy lifestyle, then you’ll eat enough to cover the extra energy expenditure. For gaining weight, you’ll want to make sure you eat more than you expend, so you’ll be eating healthy foods high in protein, healthy fats, dairy, etc and working out enough to make sure those foods turn to muscle rather than fat. Just make sure to eat enough to compensate for the energy expenditure. Also bear in mind that weight lifting will build muscle mass more than cardio, which will burn more calories. So for healthy weight gain, grab your dumbbells and protein supplements.
If you’re planning ahead for what your goal is, no matter whether it’s a weight gain or weight loss, you should not try to gain or lose more than a pound or two each week. Anything more may be too traumatic on your body and you could see lasting or long term side effects that won’t even manifest until much later in your life.
Other Fitness Trackers for Women We Reviewed
We looked at 20 other fitness tracker for women. Even though they didn’t make our 5 best fitness trackers for women list, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a great option for you. The information you’ll need to compare each one is included with the listing.
- Fingertip and Sleep Fitness Trackers for Women
- Strap and Jewelry Fitness Trackers for Women
- Wristband and Watch Fitness Trackers for Women
Fingertip and Sleep Fitness Trackers for Women
Beautyrest Sleeptracker Monitor
Through the two sensors placed under your mattress and atop your frame or base, you’ll be able to track how much tossing and turning you do in relation to how long you remain in a deep, motionless sleep.
- Individualized sleep coaching
- Pairs with your Alexa devices
- Explanation of data on nightly reports
Eight Sleep Tracker, Smart Mattress Cover for Sleep Monitoring
You’ll simply put this mattress cover onto your bed just like a sheet for the easiest tracker you’ve ever installed.
- 3 bed sizes available
- Key feature 2
- Key feature 3
Cost: $25 (an estimated, rounded cost of the product)
ViATOM Wearable Oxygen Monitor
Short paragraph describing the Wear this sleep tracker around your thumb each night for a detailed account of your sleep health.
- Soft silicone ring
- Free app for detailed reports
- USB charged
ViATOM Wrist Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor
For more details and the most accurate data available to you, this sleep tracker will monitor from your wrist and thumb.
- Free app and PC report
- Continuous tracking, not just periodic
- Soft patented silicone ring
Withings Sleep – Sleep Tracking Pad
This sleep monitor slips under your mattress to track your sleep and offer a detailed report the next morning.
- Alexa enabled
- Detailed report with Sleep Score to determine quality of sleep
- Trackes heart rate, detects snoring, and breathing disturbances
Strap and Jewelry Fitness Trackers for Women
Bellabeat Leaf Nature Smart Jewelry Health Tracker
This pendant is a fashionable way to keep track of how you’re doing for your steps and your overall fitness.
- 6-month battery life
- Made with splash-proof wood and stainless steel
- 1-year warranty
CooSpo Optical Armband Heart Rate Monitor
Wrapping this around your bicep will allow you to track any trends or problems in your heart rate through a workout or through your every day activity.
- Bluetooth enabled
- Rechargeable; 20 hr battery life
- IP67 waterproof
You’ll wear this strap to get your heart rate from the closest possible source (your chest) to make sure your reading is the most accurate.
- Comfortable fabric material
- View details in the app in real time
- Bluetooth enabled
This chest strap will give you instant data and feedback to allow you to adjust your workout or day accordingly to meet your goals.
- Heartbeats per minute recorded and stored for trend
- Lightweight; > 0.5 lb
- 2.5″ x 3.0″ x 2.74″
OZO Fitness SC2 Digital Pedometer
You can clip this pedometer to your backpack or purse to make sure you’re getting a hands free record of all your steps.
- Tracks steps, distance and calories burned
- Big buttons for easy programming
- 7-day memory log
Polar H7 Bluetooth Heart Rate Sensor & Fitness Tracker
With GymLink, you’ll be able to connect your heart rate monitor to compatible gym equipment so that your data will be the most accurate.
- Calorie counting capability
- Compatible with most smart phones
Wristband and Watch Fitness Trackers for Women
AOCKS Smart Watch Fitness Tracker
Who says you can’t wear your fitness tracker to a formal event? With this stylish formal watch, you absolutely can!
- 3 color options
- IP68 waterproof
- Pedometer, sleep tracker, call alerts and more
BingoFit Epic Fitness Tracker Smart Watch
You can monitor everything from your heart rate to your phone calls to your blood oxygen levels with this fitness tracker.
- Fits wrists from 5.9 inch to 9.4 inch
- Customized display choices
- 6 band choices
This activity and fitness tracker will store detailed logs of your steps, heart rate, calls, sleep, and so much more.
- Waterproof IP67
- Ergonomic design for 24/7 comfort
- 7 band style options
With a charge of about two hours, this fitness tracker will keep tracking for up to seven days on that single charge.
- Bluetooth connects to smartphone
- 2 band styles available
- 7 color choices
This fitness tracker will keep a detailed account of your activity from your steps to your workouts; heart rate to sleep – it monitors it all.
- Battery life of 5-7 days
- 1 hr charge time
- 3 band color options
This slim watch is easily blended to any outfit and will make sure you have all the pertinent information to maintain a healthy lifestyle and reach your fitness goals.
- 14 sports modes
- 0.96″ display
- IP68 waterproof
LIGE Smart Watch with Heart Rate Monitor
For variety in appearance but consistent in quality, this watch offers a “bling” watch face as well as a square and sleek round with 3 colors in each style.
- Customizable display
- Tracks heart rate in real time
- 8 sport tracking modes
MorePro Waterproof Health Tracker
This fitness tracker will track your menstrual cycle with a countdown, and reminders as well as a step counter, heart rate and blood pressure monitor to make it perfect for the busy woman with a lot on her mind.
- 5-7 day battery life
- 24-hr heart rate and blood pressure monitor
- 6 color options
The Polar heart rate tracker is one that focuses on your heart rate without a lot of emphasis on other tracking concerns.
- Calculates heart rate on demand
- Workout summary
- 2 packaging options options