Recommended steps to protect yourself from toxins in the environment:
* Eat organic foods as much as possible.
* Extra vitamin A for a healthy immune system and tissue protection.
* Beta carotene to reduce the carcinogenicity of chemicals.
* Niacin to help detoxify fatty tissues.
* Minerals, especially zinc, to help protect cells from toxins. Many detoxifying enzymes require zinc to work. When combined with copper and manganese, zinc also functions in the superoxide dismutase system, detoxifying the oxygen-free radicals thought to be generated from ozone and smog. Calcium and magnesium also help neutralize some colon toxins and decrease heavy-metal absorption from the gastrointestinal tract.
* A B vitamin complex formula with sufficient thiamine, pantothenic acid and niacin along with lipoic acid to help protect the liver and mitigate the effects of radiation.
* The sulfur-containing amino acid N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) to help neutralize heavy-metal toxins and toxic by-products of smoking, smog, alcohol and fats. N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) helps produce glutathione, a tripeptide essential to several important enzymes, particularly glutathione peroxidase.
* Methionine, another sulfur-containing amino acid which has mild detoxification and protective functions.
* Insoluble fiber such as wheat bran and soluble fiber such as psyllium to reduce metal absorption.
* Sodium alginate from seaweed to decrease heavy and radioactive metal absorption.
* Apple pectin to bind and clear intestinal metals and chemical toxins.
A lot of the toxins which we pollute our bodies with, are the result of our own behaviour and choices. Smoking, drinking alcohol, bad diet, not enough water, all those choices are decisions we make.
© 2002 Healing Daily